Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Accountability and Influence

Today, I am gonna response to John S.'s comments to Three-meter zone of Influence. Good tough questions John.

My definition of accountability partner is someone who you talk to face to face daily. Someone you can call on any time of the day for support. A person of the same sex usually. The relationship has to be totally open and exposed to each other. No secrets. I had an accountability partner in Tacoma named John. However, since I have deployed we have drifted apart and not communicated in months. I understand that I cant fight the good fight alone but I havent trusted any particular soldier over here. Wait....I misspoke. That isnt entirely true. 1SG Mark Butera is a Christian, good friend and confidant. But he has changed batteries and works 40 km away.

Influencer is much easier. I am away from New Hope (my church in Tacoma) but Chaplain Curry is awesome. Not just because he is a Texan. LOL He is a great man of God. He was raised in the same theology as I was in the bible belt, so he "gets" me. I would have to say he is the big influencer in my fifty meter zone right now. You, John and Virginia, have been a big influence lately in getting me refocused on God. Yall two are such an inspiration to me and others. Whether you realize it or not you pushed me to get my voice out here. It is tough lowering my walls of defense but everyone has been kind so far. Your patience is helping me step out and be truthful...... in writing. This blog is becoming a great reminder for me. I am reading the Bible more (mainly so I can put a scripture with each post-but it is a start). Also so I dont sound too much like a fool. I am reading more Christian websites also. Therefore taking charge of my own discipleship.

No comments: