Monday, June 27, 2005

History of Gumby

History of Gumby….did you know Art Clokey also did Davey and Goliath? Oh Davey! I loved those claymations as a kid. I guess you do realize it if you read the history I just linked. LOL If you didn’t go to the link, did you know that Gumby was originally supposed to be blue and Pokey was gonna be a dog? Just kidding. I made that up. I guess that will teach you to read the links. LOL I watched those shows in the late 70s-early 80s. I didn’t realize the originals were written the in late 50’s though. Mom says seeing the pics brought back memories for her. Isn’t it ironic how his subject matter fits in the 50s as well as the 70s? It even fits now. Decency is always in vogue. Now if only we could get the silent majority to raise up and voice their opinions about what is decent and what is trash.

No comments: