Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Does anyone care if I come back?

After a 3 year hiatus, I am back. Alot has happened over those three years. I safely made it home from my first deployment to Iraq. I say first because in 2007 I volunteered for a second tour. This time I went with a Combat Support Hospital (CSH). I wont say which one because it was mostly a negative experience. I retired from active military duty on 30 June 2009. I procrastinated enough on retirement savings that I do not have enough for a boat. YET! I am working on it though.

I have taken a job with MC4 (Medical Communications for Combat Casualty Care). I teach military medical personnel several different computer applications. Our mission is to integrate, field and support a medical information management system for tactical forces. Wha? LOL In easier to understand terms. One app provides soldiers with a life-long electronic medical record (EMR).

I haven't given up on the dream to sail. Or the dream to help orphans and widows around the world. I continue reading sailing books in order to keep the dream alive and to gain knowledge. I am hoping to join a boat for more hands on learning.

No comments: