Monday, July 25, 2005

Register your website Soldier

There seems to be an article in 4 July 2005 Army Times that states one must register his website with his command. I have yet to read the article. Yes, I understand it is 22 days later. However wishing to maintain the appearance of a good soldier I reported to my commander and informed him that I had a Christian blog and wished to register it. He gave me a quizzical look and said, “Okay? Please explain.” I told him about the article and how I was told that since I was a soldier I needed to register my blog with my chain of command. I told him I went to the computer guys (S6) and they had no clue what I was talking about. I told him I would have gone to my platoon leader but I didn’t have one. He knows I am the acting medical platoon leader in my battalion. He thought for a moment then stated “Don’t write anything against regulations. Dismissed.” I snapped to attention and did an about face and sharply marched out of there. As an after thought he yells, “And spell my name correctly” (Okay so it wasn’t really that formal, but the truth wasn’t as exciting. Plus I don’t want my military readers to think I am lacidazical about my career)

Does God have a regulation as to what we can and cannot write? After all I consider my main focus spiritual warfare not physical.

I think I see a new reader peaking in through the curtain. Don’t be shy come on in. Please feel free to voice your opinion and answer any questions you feel led to answer. Or direct us to a website that covers the subject matter. I have never been one to reinvent the wheel when someone smarter than I has done a great job already.

No comments: